Tuesday, December 4, 2007

mid-life wife

OH! and while i was getting ready to hibernate my computer, i figured out what the provo moms who dress like their daughters, get really bad highlights and have orange skin are called. the mid-life wife. you know, the ones who got married early, had kids way earlier then expected and never really had a chance to live out their 20's and now live vicariously through their ill-fashioned children. yes, those. i know you seen them before. they are all cutesy at the mall, walk around with all of their shopping bags, stop in at nordstrom to gather around the mac counters. which, by the way, i would NOT trust those mac girls to put makeup on my face. have you seen their face paint jobs before!? disastrous. i think they need to fire whoever has been recruiting and hiring those people. bad bad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mid-life wife is so catchy, I almost found myself wanting to be one. BUT then I would have to fulfill my wildest dreams, and that is scary beyond all reason.

naomi said...

i especially like the mums with just-past-the-shoulder-length hair that is dyed and straightened beyond recognition. They are the ones you see working it at the gym in their skin tight whatsits. gotta look hotter than their daughters

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

I totally know the type! We had tons of them in my high school. Not so much the orange fake skin but toally the ones that basically shared clothes with their kids.

Um...i haven't checked out the MAC counter in the past 6 months but I had someone from that counter do make-up for my bridals and SHE DID AMAZING!
Her name was Breck, but I know she isn't there anymore. I'll have to check it out soon to see how they are now.